Saturday, June 23, 2012

Burn it All

I am typing this on the iPad so I am guessing there will be typos I don't bother to correct. I tend to not show a lot of emotion, well does being sarcastic, condescending and self righteous count as emotion?.... Anyway, I can usually stay calm. I'm happy to report that a wildfire eating the mountain, sirens and announcements to GeT Out, didn't rile me up too bad. It was a little surreal though. I can admit to a random choked up moment as the drama of the moment hit me while walking away fro Some oGreydons toys that were sitting on the stairs. Ironically the toy was this annoying tool set handy manny thing that plays really annoying loud music over and over. I wouldn't be too sad to sacrifice it to the wildfire. After we were on our way to Angies place Kristen and I were playing the popular "what if" conversation game. What if it all burned to the ground what would we cry over. We couldn't really come up with anything. Obviously g-man was safe and nothing else really mattered. Most of our photos are digital and replaceable... The piano is irreplaceable and cool.... Greydon would kiss some favorite items but really if it all went up in smoke we would be fine. That sounds like we are pretty awesome and uaterialistic... Sadly I think it is closer to the truth to say we don't own anything that awesome.

1 comment:

Rocks In The Wash said...

So glad the family is safe! We've been saying our prayers for days now for all of our friends living out that way.

Blog Archive

counter